Freelance Fundraising & Communications Assistant
21 February 2020
We are looking for someone with excellent administration and communications skills to help us further our mission.
The Dianne Oxberry Trust was launched in May 2019 with 4 key aims:
- To raise awareness of symptoms of Ovarian Cancer amongst medical teams and women at risk across the UK.
- To fund research into more effective and earlier diagnosis.
- To improve the care of women undergoing treatment.
- To improve the support available to bereaved families.
The Trustees are looking for someone with excellent administration and communications skills to help us cast our net out across the North West and help us build strong relationships with our supporters.
Terms and Conditions:
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract: Freelance Part-Time (est. 21 hours/3 days per week)
Daily Rate: £70 (£18,000 per annum pro-rata)
Location: Greater Manchester. With the option to work from a Central Manchester office or from home (with 2 days a month office based).
Please note that you will be responsible for paying your own Tax and National Insurance. The Trust will cover pre-approved work-related expenses
Job Title: Fundraising & Communications Assistant
Reporting to: Chair of Board of Trustees
Key Relationships: Chairman, Treasurer, Supporters, Donors
Working closely with the Chair and Board of Trustees, you would be responsible for the timely processing of fundraising income and the day to day administrative tasks that are crucial to fundraising, as well as working with the Trustees to deliver the best possible supporter and donor experience.
In addition, you would manage the day-to-day local PR and Social Media channels:
- Local Press
You would also be required to work closely with the Treasurer to ensure all income is reconciled with our finance systems and regular reports are produced for the Board. Furthermore, you would need to ensure that all fundraising and PR activities adhere to Charity Laws and Regulations.
- Respond and action all fundraising enquiries and requests coming into the Trust via website, emails and post in a timely manner.
- Issue fundraising materials and monitor returns where appropriate.
- Issue collection boxes/buckets following policy guidelines.
- Manage all 3rd Party online fundraising activity information forms and record onto database.
- Manage Calendar of 3rd Party Fundraising activities, sending Good Luck Messages and following up after their event.
- Manage the processing of all offline and online donations, including postal donations and donations received via post, DOT’s website, social channels (Facebook and Just Giving) and any 3rd party sources e.g. BBC North West Tonight.
- Acknowledge and receipt all donations within 3 working days of receipt ensuring that all correspondence is appropriate and personalised.
- Ensure all new supporters and donors are captured on to database.
- Update supporters contact details, preferences, contact histories and other details relating to their records on database as required.
- Manage all requests for charity representatives to attend/speak at event. Following set criteria and delegating to appropriate Trustee or Patron.
- Generate reports for management reporting, including producing daily (when there is a live campaign) and monthly income reports.
- Produce monthly activity report for the Chair.
- Monitor income and maintain donations spreadsheet report.
- Maintain accurate donation records on the database.
- Carry out all fundraising administrative tasks relating to Direct Debits (submissions, lodgements and queries) and Gift Aid claims.
- Ensure that DOT bank statements reconcile with data on the CRM database and flag any donations which cannot be identified.
- Support the Treasurer in logging, checking and posting accounts payable invoices, granting invoices and any other payments.
- Create and share fundraising stories across all social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and local press channels.
- Schedule daily content.
- Piggy-back on to relevant national Ovarian Cancer stories generated by DOT and external avenues.
- Upload content and stories to DOT website, keeping it up to date.
- Organise where appropriate local photo-shoots.
- Liaise with our Trustee responsible for national media stories.
Application by CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications Friday 6 March 2020